Tuesday, April 30, 2013

...and finally, Z is for....

"This is the best love theme I've ever written, I keep telling everyone this is a romantic comedy, but nobody believes me." - [on Hannibal (2001)]
-Hans Zimmer


...Zimmer, Hans Zimmer.  This is what my final A-Z Challenge post will focus on.  I unloaded a TON of videos...have fun!  They are some of my favorites from the most talented composer.

(And yes, I am a heavy "film score" listener...I could play the musical score to the several Harry Potter films ALL DAY... ;)






Hans and the "Gladiator"....

(2000)



Lisa Gerrard, an amazing vocalist, teamed up with Zimmer to create some of the prettiest music around.  This song was used for the following trailer...(goosebumps, Every. Single. Time I watch it!)
"Man of Steel"
2013


"Zimmer also composed the score for The Dark Knight Rises, the final installment of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy. The film was released in July 2012.  Zimmer described himself as "devastated" in the aftermath of the 2012 Aurora shooting, which occurred at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises, commenting "I just feel so incredibly sad for these people." He recorded a track entitled "Aurora", a choral arrangement of a theme from the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack, to raise money for the victims of the shooting."-Wikipedia




It totally helps that all of the movies he has worked are some of, (what I consider), the most epic films ever...
"Inception"
(2010)


...for one of my all time favorite films,
 "White Squall".
(1996)

I hope you found something pleasing to the ears in this post.  

Good luck, all you A-Z'ers, on your final post in this challenge!

Take care,

post signature

4 comments:

Brandon Ax said...

He is amazing, that Gladiator one I could listen too for hours.

Anne Mackle said...

Great music!
Well done on completing your A-Z I've enjoyed your posts.

Faith Laces said...

Loved reading your posts during the challenge! Congratulations on reaching the end!

MOV said...

nice post! congrats on finishing a to z-- so glad we can all take a breather from writing every single day (it is sort of like a marathon for the mind, eh?).

best,
MOV