Wednesday, May 15, 2013

...while I still have my eyes open...

...but not betting on me being able to keep them open for much longer... ;)

Here's some shots of a few going on's in my world as of late...


I thought I already did a mention on this dish above...but I guess I didn't.  So, here ya go, guys! That is my Lemon battered and pan friend chicken atop a creamy, lemony, buttery, angel hair pasta.

Ryan wanted to do chicken piccata one night for dinner.  I do not like chicken piccata. I do however LOVE Lemon Pepper Chicken.  So, I fixed my chicken up the way I wanted and Ryan made his own.  (He ended up liking my dish more...oops :)




I don't know why, but I will buy a journal at the book store if it's in the clearance basket or sporting a decent price tag.  I might not have a use for it at the time...but I always end up finding a purpose for it!  Just like the one pictured above.  I started carrying it in my purse to keep for note taking, jotting down days I need to remember to take off from work, recipes I come across (so entirely handy to have on you when you are at the doctor's office and flipping through a magazine and end up coming across an awesome recipe but you don't have the guts to rip the page out...lol!), and keeping a record of when herb and flower seeds were planted in the last month.

Basically, I can use any "gardening" type notes to reference to when next year comes around.  It has been such a great little tool already.


One of my sisters was on a "crochet wash cloth" making spree.  I have always wanted to make a couple but never seem to have the time to do so.  I finally forced myself to sit down one morning and what is pictured above happened. :)
(Super easy pattern...but I can't link it at this time.  If anyone is interested, leave a comment and I'll link/comment back :)


FINALLY!!!
(Petunias, 10 different kinds of pepper plants, Strawberry plants, 
and various other flower/herb plants were picked up last Sunday!)
I got my flats of Petunias, ready and waiting...until the frost warnings dissipate...to be planted in the beds out front.  I did go ahead and plant a few pots today.  Lady Slippers and white/pink petunias are taking root as we speak.  My Moon Flower seedlings are in their own pot now too.
(I start the stubborn Moon seeds folded up in a paper towel, moisten it, and then slip into a sandwich baggy until the seeds crack open.)
Plus the Pineapple Sage and Lemon Balm herbs are planted next to the two foot high Catnip 
Perennial I have from last year.

I love Catnip/Lemon/Ginger tea.  
Have you ever had Catnip tea?
AMAZING stuff.  Instantly calms, soothes, and relaxes the body and spirit.    


I started these seeds over a week ago and still nothing has turned up.  I planted sunflower seeds the same day and those sprouted up with in three days!  I really hope something happens with my herb seeds.  I love being able to walk outside and grab fresh leaves to compliment a dish.


The Golden Doodle in my life.  Miss Sophie.  She's such a pretty girl, isn't she?  All 80 pounds of her! hahah. She loves, loves, LOVES her people.  And she's saying it's time for bed now...

I had something pretty awesome happen for me today...I will mention it soon in the next post.  Take care, everyone!  I have to finish my laundry for work tomorrow morning.

Take care,

post signature

5 comments:

Anne Mackle said...

What a busy time you're having,I like the look of that chicken.Hope the job is still going well.

Is Anyone There

Unknown said...

Catnip tea...?? Sounds very interesting. We were lucky enough to have most of our plants sprout but some of them haven't made it too far too fast.

I've nominated you for a liebster award. Check out the details here: http://mamajess66.blogspot.ca/

Stacy B. said...

I love that bright green washcloth with the three white stripes!

The suspense about the awesome happening is killing me! What's going on?!?! lol

Hope you're well :-)
~Stacy

Stacy B. said...

Ooh...come to think of it, I might know what that awesome thing might have been! :-)

Unknown said...

Someone essentially help to make seriously posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make this particular publish incredible. Magnificent job!Affordable Web Hosting

Cardsharing Server