Saturday, May 11, 2013

Busy, busy week...

I was literally....so entirely productive on Wednesday that it felt like two days off in one.  When Thursday came...( my second day off for the week)...I blew it.  I had the hardest time getting anything done.  My mood was disgusting.  I was alone for the most part of the day and when Ryan finally got out of work I thought I was going to start crying.  I still don't know why I was so sour on Thursday but Ryan and I took a trip to the grocery store that evening and bought the fixings to make our first beef enchilada dinner.  (They turned out really good, by the way).

After our tummies were full we watched a bit of TV and my mood swung back upwards.  I managed to get some decent sleep before work yesterday...which helped out huge for a busy Friday morning shift.  After work, Ryan and I got together and watched the Detroit Red Wings put their fans through every single emotion possible to man.  The team was doing that whole thing where they play their hearts out and make you feel like they got the win in the bag.  Then, in the last few minutes of the 3rd period, the Ducks tied up the lead with two quick goals.

Another. Freaking. Overtime game...!!!

The broadcast cut out to commercial shortly after OT began and only seconds of returning back we saw the Wings Captain shoot the puck right into the Ducks net giving us the win to tie the series!  Ryan and I just stared at the TV.  Did we just see a replay? Or did THAT really just happen?

Yup.  We won!  Now we play the ultimate make it or break it game tomorrow night.  If we lose, we are done.  If we win...we face the Blackhawks.

Tomorrow night will be one heck of a nerve wracking night for us Wings fans.  Superstitious tendencies and other necessities we feel the need to incorporate into a game for a "win" will be running rampant as we all wait to see the outcome of our dearly loved team.

Anyways, I have four other posts in the works for publishing at this point.  It's been rough trying to keep my thoughts on a straight line while all this new job and hockey business has been taking over my life.  Prep yourselves for a couple photo dumping posts.  I took lots of pictures while life has been kind of crazy.

Take care,

post signature

2 comments:

Brandon Ax said...

I don't think I've ever watched a hockey game. looking forward to some photo dumps :)

Michelle said...

I LOVE ME SOME HOCKEY! Not really a football or basket ball fan. I love my Tigers and going to a baseball game is fun. But I can NOT stand watching baseball on tv! lol